The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started. Please Contact your Administrator:
When i am opening term store management it is showing this error.
This can be caused because of 2 reasons.
- Managed Metadata Web Service is not started
1. Go to SharePoint Central Administration Site –> Application Management –> [Service Applications] –> Manage service applications
2. Highlight the Managed Metadata Service that your web application is associated with. (Do not click on the link, just click somewhere else on that row to highlight it)
3. Click on Permissions button in the ribbon area.
4. Add the application pool account used by your web application and give it at least ‘Read Access to Term Store’
Managed Metadata Web Service:
1) Open Central Administration by going Start–All Programs–Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products–SharePoint 2010 Central Administration.
2) Click on Manage Service Application which is available in Application Management section.
3) When you click on Managed Metadata Service application, sometimes you may get the following error:
4) Go and check whether the Managed Metadata Service has been started.
5) Click on Application Management in the quick launch.
6) Click on Manage services on server under Service Applications section.
7) Check whether the Managed Metadata Web Service is started; if not then click on Start
8) Do an IISRESET